Two Different Positions and Locations:
Therapeutic Day School Supervisor K - 8: Solomon Schechter Day School, 3210 Dundee Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062
Therapeutic Day School Supervisor High School / Transition: Ida Crown Jewish Academy, 8233 Central Park Ave, Skokie, IL 60076
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Therapeutic Day School Supervisor oversees the day to day operations and educational opportunities at the Keshet ISBE Therapeutic Day School. The incumbent is responsible for the operational success of Keshet’s Therapeutic Day School ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. The Therapeutic Day School Supervisor is a key external face of Keshet in the community.
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision of the Therapeutic Day School program in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Provide instructional mentoring and supervision to teachers, including instructional coaching, data collection and assessment, and behavior management.
- Act as contact for intake process and oversees Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) within the High School.
- Coordinate with ESY staff for those students who are attending our program
- In partnership with the Director of Education, manage transitional and mainstreaming activities in coordination with the principals of all cooperating school public schools.
- Supervise the highly individualized special education curriculum and staff; coordinates all facets of the multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the mission of Keshet.
Team Management and Development
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training, orientation, supervision, development and performance review of all staff members.
- Cultivate relationships directly with Parents, Teachers and Staff on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relations with local school districts
- Ensure that all staff attend Professional Development meetings initiated by Keshet
- Ensure that Keshet is continuing to execute Best Practices in within the Programming Curriculum
Program Operational Management
- Provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation, review and evaluation of administrative procedures.
- Maintain structure teaching within all classrooms or search for Best Practices within the field of Special Education
- Assist with all financial matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and securing of new funding.
- Develop and maintain a safe and attractive school environment.
- Oversee the development of curriculum and approval of textbooks.
- Develop school policies consistent with agency policies.
- Evaluate the program on a continuous basis
- Successfully complete and maintain training in Safety Care Certification and be able to utilize these techniques when needed to ensure students’ safety.
- Performs other related duties as required.