Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity and respect.
Human Resources Generalist (Recruiting, Performance, Learning and Development)
This position is 40 hours per week on site, in our Shelton, CT administrative team office, reporting to the Human Resources Director.
Under the supervision of the HR Director, the HR Generalist will work collaboratively with the HR team on issues related to the employee life cycle such as recruitment, benefits, performance evaluations, orientation, learning and development, employee recognition and wellness initiatives. The candidate will need a positive can-do attitude, be able to think outside the box and have the ability to shift priorities as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships and have a thorough understanding of RNPs programs, staff, and their roles.
- Use traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality staff and interns, such as career fairs, on-site job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Timely recruiting, screening, interviewing, and onboarding of RNP applicants and communication with hiring managers.
- Assist with benefits questions, open enrollment and claims
- Assists in creating new performance appraisal process.
- Assist with succession planning and creating job advancement opportunities within the organization.
- Collaborate with teams to improve processes and effectively communicates new processes in a clear concise way in order to train managers and staff.
- Presents HR training sessions as needed.
- Assist with wellness and staff events
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.