Come help us advance the farm of the future (high-tech hydroponic greenhouses to be specific)! In this role, you will partner with leadership to drive the overarching vision and strategy for how we can use data science, proprietary software tools, hardware, and visualizations to optimize the way we grow produce (e.g. leafy greens & herbs) and to optimize operations and decision making up and down the business. You'll lead journey mapping with stakeholders in every department to understand and document new projects, challenges, and use cases and work with your superb counterparts in tech/engineering/business intelligence/data science/UI/UX to design and implement functional, beautiful, and intuitive solutions that transform the way we farm and operate.
This role sits at the nexus of business and technology, so we're looking for someone who is fluent in both and can liaise seamlessly across functions and people. You're the right person for this job if you're energized by thinking strategically to solve big questions/challenges. You also love diving deep into a project and its nitty gritty details and data elements to identify real, sustainable solutions and closely managing teams and projects throughout their lifecycle through to implementation. Lastly, you're an engaging presence for whom stakeholder engagement and team management is second nature.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing company improving the 21st century food system.
· A bachelor’s degree in an analytical / technical field (engineering, computer science, economics) and 3+ year of relevant work experience
· MBA or advanced degree in a technical field with experience working in project management at a large tech company or consulting firm preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineers, data scientists, and project stakeholders to determine the function and priority of proposed products
· Skills and methods to coordinate prototypes and iterate through feedback
· Functional experience with ERP systems and data management tools
· Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems covering multiple working groups simultaneously
· Familiarity with user experience design, technology projects, and web technologies paired with a desire to continue expanding familiarity with new technologies
· Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
· Advanced SQL & Tableau/data visualization software
· Coursework or experience in analytics, statistics, and/or econometrics
· Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.