Operation Breakthrough’s mission is to help children living in poverty develop to their fullest potential by providing them a safe, loving and educational environment. We also strive to support and empower the children’s families through education, advocacy, emergency aid and referral services.
The Grants Manager is responsible for conducting the activities required to manage the preparation, submission, and reporting of grant proposals to foundation, corporate and public funders.
Partner with finance and program staff to ensure compelling and accurate proposals and reports that guide the application process related to program enhancements, outcome development, budget and other standard or specialized requirements.
Collaborate with the Development Team, Board, and key community supporters to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of current and prospective funders with the goal of increasing funding, developing multi-year funding commitments, and expanding the portfolio to include regional and national funding sources.
Responsible for conducting the activities required to manage the preparation, submission, and reporting of grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs. Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Create and manage annual calendar for grant submission, data collection, and reporting requirements
- Through interviews and other means, gather information that will easily allow him/her to grasp the concept of project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the person responsible for carrying it out.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs.
- Compile, write, and edit an annual set of grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Develop relationship with funders and develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization's preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization's guidelines.
- Keep in communication with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
- Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping/online database procedures are followed; Track and properly document all activities and complete all necessary reporting requirements.
- Prioritize multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines while dealing with changes.
- Conduct tours of Operation Breakthrough as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned.
Office setting. This job operates in a unique non-for profit educational and social service environment with ongoing interaction with the families we serve.