Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiarity and experience with planned giving strategies, industry standards, current trends, and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of planned giving vehicles and basic estate and financial planning, including the tax implications of charitable giving, with the ability to apply this knowledge to address individual donor needs and goals
- Excellent persuasive and diplomatic communicator - in person, over the phone, and in writing
- Proven ability to identify, assess and analyze specific areas of donor interest and level of potential engagement to build and maintain strong relationships with donors and develop strategies for cultivation and stewardship with AIUSA
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A high degree of initiative with demonstrated ability to work independently and manage time and workload effectively
- Ability to think strategically and to be creative and flexible in a dynamic work environment, adapting to changing priorities when necessary
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all Amnesty program areas and priorities
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and one or more CRM tracking systems
- Strong data management skills
- High integrity and professionalism, respecting the confidential nature of donor information, Amnesty International USA business practices while upholding the ethical standards of fundraising
- Ability to travel domestically (when safe, due to COVID-19)
Education and Experience
- BA/BS and at least 7 years relevant experience or MA/MS and 5 years relevant experience and/or sufficient relevant work experience; substantial technical knowledge of the area of work
We recognize the valuable skills that can be gained through internships, fellowships, volunteer work, and non-traditional work experience. This experience helps build competencies and knowledge that may translate to our job openings. We seek a diversity of experience and skills for our workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our openings.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be completed online, and we do not accept paper submissions. Please visit our Careers Page to review all current job postings. You must complete the entire online application and electronically sign in order for an application to be considered “complete.” For technical difficulties ONLY, please email email@example.com
Amnesty International International is an equal opportunity employer. AIUSA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, protected veterans, and formerly incarcerated individuals are all strongly encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT AS AN ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION AND TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND ACCESSIBILITY (IDEA)
Dismantling white supremacy is central to the fight for human rights in the United States and around the world. As we mobilize staff and activists and work with partners to help transform the multiple systems where oppression operates in the world around us as part of our human rights mandate, anti-racism must be integral to our work. What does that mean for Amnesty International in the United States? It means using our people power to fight injustice and centering the voices and experiences of those most impacted by racist structures, beliefs, and laws. Fundamentally, it means doing our human rights work differently than it has been done before, because we know that who we work with, how we work, the work we do, and ultimately who we are, are all interconnected.
As an international, intercultural, intergenerational and intersectional movement of activists committed to protecting and advancing human rights for all, Amnesty is deeply committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility (IDEA). To learn more about how we integrate these concepts into our work and workplace, visit: https://www.amnestyusa.org/idea/
Because the health and safety of our employees and candidates are a top priority, we are currently conducting our hiring process virtually. We are currently starting our positions as fully remote but will transition to a hybrid work environment when our offices re-open, expected to be in January 2023.