The IGC Application Specialist is responsible for installation, training, and support of various types of grade control equipment and other machine technology components. This individual will manage all pre and post support required for a successful implementation of the product and is instrumental in the success and growth of the grade control business. They will help the dealer succeed by gaining new customers and promoting repeat business by consistently providing high quality installations, service, and repairs.
- Works in conjunction with Sales representatives by providing grade control equipment and application training, demonstrations, installation and assisting in field troubleshooting
- Demo machines with grade control when needed
- Technical Point person for training Sales staff
- Install, inspect, maintain, diagnose, and repair grade control and machine technology systems
- Conduct instructor-led and live webinar training programs on grade control use in multiple applications
- Create 3D models or work with 3rd party model providers of jobsites and load into grade control devices
- Set-up base and rovers for jobsites
- Execute other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in an industry-related role with involvement in activities such as sales, service, training, or other related work
- Experience in grade control or machine control technology
- Surveying and/or grade checking experience is preferred
- Construction equipment operation experience is a plus
- 3D modeling experience is preferred
- Knowledge of WorkSight Solutions Department Operations and construction equipment technology
- Strong computer skills, strong communication skills, and strong customer service skills
Job Knowledge, SKILLS, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive knowledge of the construction industry
- Knowledge of drones and other grade control technology
- Competency with Microsoft Office
- Extended periods of standing, sitting, walking, and periods of driving.
- Some crawling and climbing on/under equipment, bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, squatting, twisting, pulling, and pushing as required by task.
- Ability to lift, manipulate, and move items.
- Walk on/over construction/excavation sites (irregular terrain)
- Operation of a personal computer, other office equipment, grade control and GPS equipment
- Available to work extended hours when needed, with some overnight travel
- Travel expectations: 35-40%
Personal Protective Equipment:
- All required PPE is provided by Martin Equipment and includes, but is not limited to, protective safety glasses, gloves, and boots.
- Most work is performed at a desk, on customer sites, or at other locations.
- Intermittent exposure to shop environment including dirt, dust, heat, cold, fumes, noise, grease, vibration, and chemicals.
- Intermittent exposure to hot and cold weather conditions.