This position would work out of our Goodfield, IL or Rock Island, IL branch office. The IGC Sales Specialist is responsible for driving sales and demonstrations of grade control and other machine technology components within a defined territory. This individual will be the main conduit between new equipment sales and customers interested in purchasing or learning more about unique grade control systems. This position can greatly enhance the image of the dealership and can help drive growth in a competitive market share.
- Works in conjunction with Sales representatives on machine/grade control opportunities
- Has clear understanding of the activities and applications that take place on construction jobsites
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers and pursue target customers
- Demo machines with grade control at every possible opportunity
- Point person for training Sales staff
- Manage communication and relationship with local grade control dealer
- Create customers quotes and factory orders for grade control systems
- Help develop training and marketing materials for local markets
- Organize end user promotions such as technology field days to gain higher brand recognition
- Utilizing Return on Investment strategies to help close sales
- Execute other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in an industry-related role with involvement in activities such as sales, service, training, or other related work
- Experience in grade control or machine control technology
- Surveying and/or grade checking experience is preferred
- Construction equipment operation experience is a plus
- 3D modeling experience is preferred
- Knowledge of WorkSight Solutions Department Operations and construction equipment technology
- Strong computer skills, strong communication skills, and strong customer service skills
- Sales experience with machine control products preferred
Job Knowledge, SKILLS, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive knowledge of the construction industry
- Knowledge of drones and other grade control technology
- Competency with Microsoft Office
- Extended periods of standing, sitting, walking, and periods of driving.
- Some crawling and climbing on/under equipment, bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, squatting, twisting, pulling, and pushing as required by task.
- Ability to lift, manipulate, and move items.
- Walk on/over construction/excavation sites (irregular terrain)
- Operation of a personal computer, other office equipment, grade control and GPS equipment
- Available to work extended hours when needed, with some overnight travel
- Travel expectations: 35-40%
Personal Protective Equipment:
- All required PPE is provided by Martin Equipment and includes, but is not limited to, protective safety glasses, gloves, and boots.
- Most work is performed at a desk, on customer sites, or at other locations.
- Intermittent exposure to shop environment including dirt, dust, heat, cold, fumes, noise, grease, vibration, and chemicals.
- Intermittent exposure to hot and cold weather conditions.