Staff Designer - Boys Toys
Basic Fun! is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of some of the worlds best known and loved toys including Tonka, Care Bears, Lite Brite, Lincoln Logs, Knex, Playhut and Cutetitos. Our products are sold by leading retailers and distributors throughout the US and over 60 countries around the world. Basic Fun! has an omni-channel go-to-market strategy with a strong presence on-line, in store and in family entertainment venues. Our iconic brands and broad product portfolio span generations and help create unforgettable memories.
In collaboration with the VP and Design Supervisor, this position is expected to be a key business contributor for the company by defining product specifications, creating digital or print drawings, and designing fully functional products. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing design projects from concept to completion; meeting creative timelines; hitting key client expectations and demonstrate creative problem solving around consumers needs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create drawings, sketches, renderings, and prototypes to convey new concepts and ideas to engineering, marketing, packaging and management.
- Create 3D mock-ups and kit-bashed models to communicate scale and function when necessary.
- Prepare control drawings, parts lists and descriptions for the construction of prototypes and tooling models. CAD and Office proficient.
- Work on concept development with an understanding of cost and the mechanical engineering aspects of product development.
- Apply industrial design excellence in the application of color and creation of fit, form and function.
- Manage daily communications with Hong Kong engineering team.
- Participate in formal and informal reviews and brainstorming sessions to generate new product ideas.
- Work as a team player with cross functional awareness and respect.
- Work with outside vendors to supplement internal development resources.
- Facilitate Sales and Trade Show presentation samples.