Provides routine care, observes patients health, assists physicians and registered nurses and communicates instructions to patients regarding medication, home-based care and preventative lifestyle changes.
Key tasks and responsibilities (essential functions):
- Under the supervision of the RN, the LPN provides care for patients in the PACU, Phase II or inpatient rooms according to policy and procedure and standards.
- Recognizes emergency situation, responds quickly and efficiently following policy and procedure, ACLS, physician orders or emergency plan to prevent adverse patient outcomes. Practices within scope of Practice as an LPN.
- Under the supervision of the RN provides verbal and written instructions to family or responsible party for home care including emergency contact numbers, general instructions and physician specific instructions.
- Documents patient observation data, interventions and patient outcomes a according to policy and procedure and standards.
- Assists with placing follow-up calls to patients and responses recorded appropriately.
- Restocks supplies/equipment and cleans according to policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Adheres to established OneCore Health safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional environment.
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care.
- Informs Clinical Lead RN of applicable day-to-day situations.
- Follows employee health and other personnel and staffing policies.
Licensure and Certification: Current LPN licensure in the state of Oklahoma. BCLS required, PALS and ACLS preferred. If not current in PALS or ACLS then will obtain training within six months.
Experience/Education: At least one year of experience with medical-surgical patients is required. Previous experience with post cardiac/surgical patients preferred.