This position contributes to the mission of the organization by managing the (MSRO) Material Surplus Recovery Operations partnership between Medical Teams International and Providence Health. The postholder will be responsible for day-to-day oversight and management of medical surplus donation program, driving initiatives throughout hospital network spanning seven states with the highest volume concentrated in Washington and Oregon, and work closely with stakeholders internally within Medical Teams, the partnership steering committee and Providence staff as required. This role requires outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and stakeholder management skills, along with excellent communication with a clear understanding of customer needs.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, execute, and oversee strategies to ensure acquisition, consolidation, and distribution of high-quality medical health products from the Providence network Oversee distribution of donations and nurture Medical Teams partnership with Medline
- Create and maintain an annual budget for the MSRO/Medical Teams partnership program
- Regularly liaise with hospital staff to ensure the appropriateness of donations is maintained, address medical surplus concerns and provide sustainable solutions
- Coordinate with Distribution Manager on development of distribution partner portfolios
- Coordinate recycling of items with multiple recycling centers whenever possible
- Launch and maintain resell program for high value donations
- Management of MSRO staff dedicated to support the Providence MSRO partnership
- Collect stories and maintain accurate reports of incoming and outgoing donations that can be shared with the steering committee on a quarterly basis.
- Create and maintain educational information related to program plans and requirements
- Lead and facilitate quarterly partnership governance steering committee
- Owns and maintains detailed end to end process documentation as related to programs, inclusive of needs of cross functional stakeholders (e.g. IS, Finance, Compliance)
- Leads cross functional work groups, inclusive of managing project meeting series and stand-ups when necessary to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of work.
- Manages the creation of program documentation, communication plan and processes with limited guidance, to ensure the effective and efficient running of the program.
- Recommends process improvements related to MSRO Medical Teams partnership and leads implementation of improvements when approved.
- Coordinates with Distribution Manager, MHP staff and volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the Distribution Center.
- Participate in various Global Logistics meetings and other organizational activities as required
- Develop appropriate reporting mechanisms on impact of program to regular basis the progress of partnership to Senior Director, Logistics and Procurement
- Responsible for convening partnership steering committee meetings on a quarterly basis
- Utilizes volunteers whenever possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies