POSITION GOAL: The Driver provides efficient, daily routine transportation services to the residents of the Blakeford Senior Living.
ENVIRONMENT: The Blakeford Senior Living provides multiple levels of care and services to its residents, through a continuing care plan, in an attractive surrounding while offering an array of personal services and activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Driver:
- Transports residents to various destinations.
- Assists the residents in boarding and departing from the bus or car.
- Assists the residents with carrying groceries, packages, and wheelchairs.
- Is responsible for maintaining the vehicle’s appearance and scheduling mechanical services, as needed.
- Is responsible for operating Blakeford vehicles in a safe manner, obeying traffic laws at all times.
- Performs other relevant administrative duties as assigned including delivering the daily inner office mail and resident mail.
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Resident Service Coordinator and/or Executive Director.