Human Options seeks a detail-oriented person with excellent organizational and analytical skills to be a part of the Administrative staff. The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for performing accounting functions essential to the operation of the organization in accordance with Human Options’ standard procedures and GAAP. The position reports to the Director Of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and process agency A/P and A/R weekly.
- Make accounting entries for company credit card expenses.
- Reconcile vendor account statements monthly.
- Maintain accounting files, including vendor database and delegating filing tasks to office interns & volunteers.
- Investigate questionable invoices and requests.
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with audit preparation and finance-related projects such as online time & labor tracking, paperless system implementation, and cost allocation projects.
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
- Act as relief person for general administrative duties including answering phones, greeting and directing visitors and clients, accepting deliveries and maintaining office environment.
- Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines by only sharing client information within the organization when it meets the needs of the client.
- Demonstrate ability to abide by Human Options’ values: Show dignity, respect, honesty, integrity, and a commitment to excellence, and maintain a supportive environment.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.