EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree preferred
- Must possess understanding of origination process, underwriting criteria, and secondary market guidelines.
- 3+ years of directly related experience in Mortgage Quality Control required
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance
- Strong analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Must possess high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate across all departments within the organization.
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
- Solid decision making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal business partners to achieve success.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Committed to taking responsibility and ownership for agreed actions and delivery.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
- Previous experience in an office setting is a plus
- Mortgage banking experience is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Products and other Database software. Solid word processing and computer database skills with accurate keyboarding at 60+ wpm.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will primarily operate in a general office environment, using office equipment such as a phone and a computer. The employee will also work in various client locations, which could have varying environments. Extensive travel is required, including overnight travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate as compared to a private office with light foot traffic and office equipment. However, when traveling or at client locations, the employee may be exposed to significant noise, weather, and other discomfort. The employee must be able and willing and able to interact frequently with the general public.