- Education: An undergraduate degree in graphic design or a closely-related field is strongly preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year of print design/pre-press experience or equivalent experience through an internship or work-study experience.
- Strong understanding of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat on a Mac platform with a portfolio demonstrating proficiency in art production work.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to multitask and efficiently track multiple projects in various stages of progress.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work well both independently and with others and to synthesize feedback.
- Fully conversant in relational databases including the ability to run and modify reports in various formats and to update schedules
- Facility with large numbers of details and the ability to proactively manage workload.
- Process-oriented, analytical problem-solving orientation; interest in making systems run efficiently.
- Deadline-oriented mindset.
- A genuine interest in and intellectual engagement with the publication of scholarly books.
- Enthusiasm for collaboration, and commitment to professional codes of conduct; the Press’s may be accessed at https://press.princeton.edu/about/mission-values.
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule (e.g., work from home and in the Princeton office) preferred.
PUP is a strong advocate for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the university press community. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in academic publishing (which is, according to research by Lee & Low, historically a majority white, straight, cisgender, and nondisabled industry) are encouraged to apply. The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1 and walking distance from the Princeton train station.
Base Salary: $45,000/year plus comprehensive benefits package. Starting salary may be negotiable based on relevant skills and prior experience.
Application Instructions: Submit cover letter*, resume, and portfolio at PUP’s application website. The portfolio should demonstrate abilities with Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, to demonstrate proficiency with production work.
*Please include in cover letter, your salary requirements and a description of what you’re currently reading and what’s on your “to read” list.
Due to application volume, only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.