We are specifically looking for experienced audio describers to write descriptive scripts for television programming and other video content, helping make media accessible to a blind or low-vision audience.
This position will be hired as a 1099, independent contractor. The amount of work is flexible, allowing you to set your own hours with the expectation of meeting project deadlines. We ask for a minimum availability of 10 hours per week. The content of work will vary, as Captionmax provides audio description for television, film, and web-based media.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write clear, concise scripts describing on-screen visuals in language appropriate to the style and intended audience of the program
- Conform to a detailed in-house style guide
- Take direction and accept critical feedback
- Complete projects under a tight deadline environment
- Develop and utilize efficient research methods
- Document completion of each job using scheduling software