The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Bureau of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) partners with personnel throughout the Agency to procure quality goods and services, at fair and reasonable prices, in accordance with the City Charter, Procurement Policy Board Rules and Directives issued by the Mayors Office of Contract Services. ACCO provides training, written and verbal technical assistance, and creative solutions to ensure that the procurement needs of DOHMH are met in a responsible manner.
The Bureau of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) within the Division of Finance is seeking to hire a RFP/Specifications Writer. With a staff of more than 6,000 and a budget of $1.6 billion, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is the nations premier local health agency. Its more than 100 programs protect and promote the health of the worlds most culturally and linguistically diverse city.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- In collaboration with subject matter experts, write solicitation documents for competitive procurements. Such documents include Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Competitive Sealed Bids, and Requests for Quote.
- Produce high quality specifications within processing timelines and in compliance with NYC Procurement Policy Board Rules, NYC Charter, and DOHMH policies and procedures.
- Accurately and efficiently manage content of all assigned procurements, including following up with relevant personnel, and managing multiple document revisions.
- Coordinate the release of competitive procurement documents. Coordinate the receipt and evaluation of proposals/bids. Process contracts and other procurement requirement for vendors/providers that are recommended for contract award.
- Review and revise contract scopes of work and contract budgets to ensure alignment with both the solicitation document and agency requirements.
- Utilize Agency and Citywide systems in the processing and approval of all assigned work. Update monitoring systems on a regular basis.
- Identify challenges and solutions on procurement and contract matters; correspond with program and ACCO Senior Staff for rapid resolution.
- Participate in meetings concerning procurement portfolio and provide accurate status of procurement actions.