Job Summary: The CAD Operator and Low Voltage Systems Designer is responsible for using software to create 2D and 3D designs for fire protection and other low voltage system type projects. The individual shall participate in the coordination for the associated tasks required to establish timelines and budgets, as well as solve problems during the entire project process. Majority of these responsibility will be performed in the office with an occasional site survey when required. They will support both internal and external customers for system related questions as related to the designs they produce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Create complete drawing and submittal packages for low voltage system projects as directed by the Construction Manager
- Work with Construction Manager in developing and maintaining drawing schedules for projects and departmental support during the project process
- Responsible for completing documents and designs within budget constraints
- Attend weekly meetings with Projects and Sales
- Perform final material take-offs for devices and panel components for bill of material counts and update associated work orders in project management software
- Prepare Owner Documentation packages, archive drawing storage & filing, and system service file creation
- Support Sales Dept. with estimating and technical expertise as required
- Conduct field surveys as required
- Maintain accurate time sheets for time allocation and costing purposes
- Must be on time and provide a full days work.
- Path for development could include Fire Protection Designer, Project Manager, Construction Manager, and Systems Operations Manager
- An Associates Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Strong computer skills and extensive knowledge of design software.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use of hands to operate computers
- Extensive knowledge of the companys preferred software currently AUTOCAD and VISIO
- Make decisions based on designs and code requirements
- Strong communication skills having the ability to collaborate with others to solve problems and establish timelines and budgets
- Firm grasp of mathematics, engineering, and industry information
- Some travel may be required
- Knowledge of industry, engineering, math, and materials
- Ability to analyze data and situations and come up with creative solutions
- Keep up to date on industry and engineering standards
- Computer proficiency using Windows environment MS office
- Must have reliable transportation
- Organized and detail oriented
- Time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Team player with leadership skills
- Motivated and willing to learn
- Overtime may be available per deadlines and milestones on a per job basic
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Primarily normal office environment
- May work off site at varying industrial environments
- Exposure to industrial environments
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience
- Health benefits after 30 days
- PTO time in your first year
- 7 paid holidays each year
- 401K Plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Supplemental insurances that can be purchased by employee
- Great family-oriented work environment
Fire Fighter Sales and Service Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.