Diagnose, adjust, repair and perform preventive maintenance on all Pink Jeep vehicles including Jeeps, Trekkers, Shuttle, Vans, and trucks. May repair virtually any system or component on the vehicle including the transmission system. Technicians also assist in the day to day operations of the Service Center and interface with tour customers, Guides, and the general public in assisting with rescue operations and repairs of the vehicle.
This position requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the company. Mistakes may not be easily correctable and can have serious consequences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with supervisors, peers, and other company employees on a variety of issues in a positive and professional manner
- Confer with Guides and other drivers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as specialized testers, computerized diagnostic devices, or special tools
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
- Review and complete work orders in a thorough, detailed and legible manner; discuss with Manager as needed
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups
- Diagnose and repair brake system, replace wear items, machine brake drums and rotors
- Performs tire repairs, mount and balance tires as needed
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Repair or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings
- Diagnose and repair electrical systems such as ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels
- Repair manual and automatic transmissions & transfer cases including electronic controlled units
- Install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers
- Must be able to operate vehicles including test driving in traffic and on off road trails
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs