- At least five year’s experience in a training role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Facilitative and collaborative leader with an openness to ideas and feedback from others.
- Demonstrated commitment to DEIBSJ.
- Strong technical skills in virtual training programs, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and a customer relationship management system such as Salesforce. Willingness to learn and use our Girl Scouts Volunteer Systems.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Demonstrated willingness to embrace the Girl Scouts vision and mission and the council’s Community Statement.
- Valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance.
- Available for council-required events.
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.