Lancaster Farming is looking for an Inside Advertising Sales Rep to join the team! This role will primarily sell advertising space into Lancaster Farming, special sections and online through phone, fax, internet, mail, and in-person via counter sales. The Inside Advertising Sales Rep is also responsible for sales support and general customer service and clerical duties related to the day-to-day operation of the newspapers.
This is a hybrid position following initial on-site training.
Lancaster Farming is the “Farmer’s Choice” since 1955, covering many agriculture industries, including dairy, beef, swine, sheep, goat, horse and specialty animal buyers and sellers. It is also the largest farm implement marketplace in the Northeast. Every Saturday, the newspaper delivers news, market and commodity reports, and agribusiness information to more than 60,000 paid subscribers in Pennsylvania and fifteen other states.
Why work for us?
We know that employees are a business’s greatest asset and the primary driver of success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who are bright, curious, flexible, and energetic.
Lancaster Farming is located in a brand-new office seated in the heart of Ephrata borough, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- 4 weeks PTO to start (pro-rated for first year)
- Paid holidays
- Competitive medical, prescription, dental, vision
- Parental leave program
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Wellness program
- Competitive Monthly Bonus Opportunities
Job Functions (Full Description):
- Acquire familiarity with the market. Use available information, as well as new self-created and approved data, to develop interesting and factual sales presentations
- Understanding of credit policies and correctly apply them
- Knowledge and effective use of rate cards
- Adhere to published deadlines and be prompt with all assignments
- Knowledge and correct usage of insertion orders and inter-departmental forms
- Create and prepare clear, specific, and accurate advertising copy and layouts (finished and spec) for assigned territories
- Develop work plans to ensure maximum sales and service contact with current, past and new customers; actively solicit current & new accounts for special sales opportunities
- Prompt, fair, decisive, and courteous actions in handling complaints and inquiries at the instruction of the supervisor
- Effective communication and persuasive skills in oral, written, email sales presentations; demonstrate a good command of the language and a working knowledge of technical terms
- Project a professional, positive, and enthusiastic image during the performance of duties
- Actively search for new customers in competitive products; prepare "spec" copy and pricing comparisons for delivery to prospects
Salary range is for base salary only. This position has the capability of earning commissions.