Under general supervision of the Branch Manager, the Library Associate II provides high quality information and reader services to teens (ages 12-18) in the Rising Sun community while consistently delivering caring, non-judgmental customer service. Develops and delivers a full range of diverse and innovative programs and services, including community outreach initiatives, for teens (ages 12-18). Manages and maintains dedicated teen room with study rooms, computer lab and collaborative technology station.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides information services, including reader’s advisory, research and homework assistance, reference, and technology assistance to teens (ages 12-18) in person, via phone, email, online, etc.
- Works collaboratively with system-wide Teen Services team and external presenters to plan and conduct library programs in accordance with educational and development goals that are responsive to the needs of teens (ages 12-18).
- Works with Branch Manager and departmental staff to develop and implement outreach and collaborative programming to local school system and community based organizations.
- Conducts research using an array of resources, including the library’s databases and digital services.
- Provides information and technology instruction to teens (ages 12-18) in a variety of areas, including library software and hardware, personal device assistance, digital media, and internet and computer usage.
- Actively markets library services and programs to teens and their families in the community.
- Monitors and maintains the teen collection and makes recommendations for materials to be purchased.
- Merchandises and markets collections. Recommends and reviews books and other library materials through various media outlets, including the CCPL website.
- Utilizes the library’s circulation database to search for and place holds on materials requested by patrons.
- Works with Branch Manager to implement department or branch goals within overall system goals.
- Serves as liaison to the local middle and high schools and community organizations serving teens (ages 12-18).
- Represents branch library on system-wide young adult services team.
- May serve on system-wide committees.
- Monitors and maintains library computers and software, troubleshoots and calls for assistance as needed.
- Maintains facility and reports problems to appropriate staff.
- Maintains accurate service statistics.
- Shelves library materials of all types.
- Performs ongoing assignments of moderate to high difficulty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with a diverse community.
- Models positive attitude toward library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocates a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the adopted policies, procedures, and values of the Cecil County Public Library.