Provide case management services to adults (18+) who have a mental health diagnosis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Complete needs, supports assessments, and enroll clients in the Creando Puentes program
- Provide case management services to clients enrolled in Creando Puentes program ensuring coordinated care for program participants
- Work collaboratively within the Behavioral Health department, and Medical providers to meet the needs of clients, their caregivers, and families
- Navigate clients through the healthcare delivery system to ensure clients receive needed services in a timely, efficient manner; assist client in arranging medical appointments and follow-up care for clients; refer clients internally and/or externally to access needed services
- Provide information and referrals to appropriate community agencies and resources; assist clients with public benefit enrollment
- Attend meetings with mental health staff for case conferences and program planning as needed
- Keep records to manage, track and report service delivery and outcomes to meet agency needs and requirements
- Adhere to standards of practice, grant guidelines, and patients rights for confidential care
- Attend required agency trainings and/or professional development opportunities
- Participate in agency outreach, and community activities, as appropriate
- Provide additional program support, as directed
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of and familiarity with principles of and best practices in case management, human behavior, and family dynamics; maternal and child health, child protection, and child development.
- Relationship-Building: Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with vulnerable patients, caregivers, and families. Ability to establish positive working relationships with other community health professionals, the general public, clients, and staff.
- Health Equity: Knowledge of cultural competency and application thereof to community health activities; ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, training, and experiences; a demonstrated deep commitment to health equity and social justice.
- Initiative: Ability to take initiative to meet program objectives. Ability to approach daily work load and expectations with flexibility and self-direction. Willingness to implement clinical goals and objectives, learn new technical skills, and grow professionally.
Primary environment is an ambulatory clinic; secondary environments: client homes, community events. This role requires regular walking. This role periodically comes into contact with patients who have contagious illnesses.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, and kneeling. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Who We Are
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Our patients predominantly identify as people of color (80%), low-wealth (61% patients = 200% FPL), and un/under-insured (40% uninsured, 45% publicly insured) (UDS, 2020).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minnesota Community Care values building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities it serves, and strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.