April 15, 2022
Chief Operating Officer
Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates the Marketing of the Casinos products and services.
This position description intends to provide a representative summary of this position's primary duties and responsibilities. Employee(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes marketing goals to grow market share and ensure the Casinos profitability.
- Develops and executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long-range, to ensure the profit, growth, and expansion of company products and services.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological, and demographic information factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize the effects of competitive activity.
- Analyzes segment performance to optimize the player mix.
- Develops programs to drive conversions and foster loyalty.
- Plans and oversees the organizations advertising and promotion activities including, but not limited to TV, radio, OOH, digital and direct-mail outlets.
- Directs reinvestment thresholds and database tiering through lifecycle management.
- Conducts test and control experiments to understand causal relationships and change management.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Analyst and Player Development Manager, develops sales goals and commission structures, defining measurement and controls. Plans and implements premium player programming to drive the performance of top players.
- Oversees iGaming, Entertainment.
- Communicate with outside advertising agencies about ongoing campaigns to execute corporate branding.
- Works with the COO regarding bonusing slot programs.
- Develops profit/loss ratio, pro and post formats, and tier performance goals about pre-set standards and trends within the industry and economy.
- Evaluates advertising programs, merchandising policy, and product packaging and formulation.
- Recommends changes in structure and organization to ensure objectives and swift reactions to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Conducts marketing surveys and Prepares marketing activity reports.
- Drives the development and execution of the strategic marketing plan in areas of responsibility to generate trials, build relationships with players, optimize reinvestment, and drive long-term profitability.
- Responsible for understanding the competitive marketplace regarding marketing strategies, programs, campaigns, and promotions. Develops and implements programs to maintain Spirit Mountain Casinos leadership position in all areas of responsibility.
Spirit Mountain Standards:
- Delivers Spirit Mountains Spirit of Excellence by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors aligned with SMGIs Pride Values, Brand Promise, and Business Vision.
- Learns comprehends and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations, and Title 31 Regulation requirements.
- Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Provides overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all employees within the department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities by the organizations policies and applicable laws and aligns with SMGIs Pride Values, Brand Promise, and Business Vision.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and separates employees.
- Plans, assigns, directs work, appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees, address complaints, and resolves problems for employees and guests.
- Ensures the hiring, training, promoting, assigning, disciplining and discharging of employees are in accordance with Tribal Law, including without limitation, the Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO).
Required Knowledge of:
- Emerging trends for current TV, radio, digital and outdoor advertising design and production.
- Radio, television, and multimedia advertising practices and media flows.
- Elements of effective copywriting and editing.
- Customer experience mapping.
- Digital marketing.
- Promotional constructs.
- Print and web design.
- Printing production processes.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- sales force strategies.
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting complex financial reports, legal documents, and contracts.
Required Skill in:
- Developing and orchestrating strategic marketing plans.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of subordinate personnel.
- Resolving scheduling and resource deployment issues and conflicts.
- Time management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking.
- Maintaining organization, meeting deadlines, and possessing integrity and discretion in handling confidential work-related information and materials.
- Preparing budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Operating computer hardware and software.
- Communicating both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
- Responding to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, team members, or business and tribal community members.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Public Relations or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Seven years of casino/hotel/hospitality marketing work experience at the executive level at a property with 1000+ slot machines
or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Previous experience must include; directing subordinate staff to orchestrate Marketing initiatives and participating on a strategic leadership team while designing, planning, implementing, and evaluating external communications, marketing, public relations, and advertising initiatives related to the company's strategic marketing plan.
- Primary Management Official license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Due to the nature of the interactions with other employees and the public we serve, employees may be required to provide documentation of, or receive, certain health vaccinations.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Work is subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes a personal computer, standard office equipment, telephone and audio/video equipment, two-way radio, and department vehicles.
The above statements are intended to describe this position's primary duties and responsibilities, and the employee acknowledges receipt of the job description.
Authorized Signature Date
Employee Signature Date