This position is responsible for day-to-day project execution for public relations efforts with direction from a PR Director, Manager, or Supervisor — specializing in one or more areas of public relations.
This associate may be involved in media relations, social media, internal communications, content marketing and strategy, channel communications, and other PR-related efforts. This associate may also be a primary or secondary client contact, depending on work scope and experience level; in some cases, serve as a primary or secondary day-to-day contact for media relations activity; help oversee evaluation/measurement efforts; help manage special projects and events related to PR activity; help manage others on the team (usually PR Coordinators); and may provide content development and writing support and/or help oversee others in this capacity.
- Assist the PR Supervisor, PR Manager, and/or PR Director with various PR efforts
- Serve as a primary PR team member to plan and execute any number of specialty areas, and to provide administrative functions for those areas as well
- Emphasis of work will be on writing and assisting in media relations efforts
- Manage measurement/evaluation and reporting
- Work with methods and practices that will lead to effective PR project results
- Assist with regular administrative reporting for the account and its PR areas
- Conduct industry and competitive research and analysis as needed