We presently have an employment opportunity for a Service Advisor in one of our operations. In this new role, the Service Advisor sells and schedules needed service work in the service department; promotes and attains dealership standards for superior workmanship.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Greet customers in a pleasant and timely manner and obtain vehicle information.
- Write up customers’ vehicle problems accurately and clearly on the repair order.
- Refer to service history, inspect vehicle, and recommend additional needed service. Advise customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Provide a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Establish “promised time.” Check with dispatcher if necessary.
- Obtain customer signature on repair order and provide customer with a copy.
- Check on the progress of repairs throughout the day. Contact customers regarding any changes in the estimated or promised time, explain cost and time requirements in detail, and get proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Review repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Close repair order as appropriate.
- Explain completed work and all charges to customer.
- Implement a quality control process to eliminate comebacks.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in progress.
- Makes sure customers are walked to the cashier to ensure all questions have been answered and walks customer to their vehicle, thanking them for doing business with Toyota/Lexus.
- Sets the next service appointment at the time of active delivery and provides the customer a copy of it.
- Closes all repair orders upon completion.
- Technically knowledgeable, experienced, or trainable on manufacturer product line.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Outgoing and patient personality with good customer relations ability.
- Professional and professional appearance.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in the automotive industry.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a thorough drug and background screening to include MVR. Bean Automotive Group is an equal opportunity and drug free employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.