Position: Piano Collaborator
Report To: Choir Director
Division: Liberal Studies and Education
Classification: Part-Time Exempt
Work Remotely: No
Description: The idea candidate will assist the music department in accompanying vocal ensembles. The idea candidate should have a passion for music and experience in playing for individual musicians and choral ensembles. Experience in vocal training a plus.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist the Choir Director as needed.
- Schedule individual coaching sessions with classical, musical theatre singers, jazz singers/instrumentalists, and commercial performers. (Music Majors)
- Accompany bi-weekly seminars.
- Collaborate with vocal students and faculty on departmental degree recitals, juries, auditions, workshops, and competitions.
- Support Sectional rehearsals and reports rehearsal results to the Choral Director.
- Accompany The Lane College Choral Programs Choirs and Ensembles at sanctioned events