Family Controller/Reporting Analyst
BT Family Office, LLC provides consulting services to ultra-high net worth individuals and families. The services provided range from wealth management, family education, consolidated reporting, risk management, financial reporting, cash management, lifestyle management and advising on complex intergenerational wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies.
A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a small team environment, a strong attention to detail, an energetic and positive attitude. The Controller will be an integral part of the team and provide diversified administrative, reporting and day-to-day financial/accounting/tax support for multiple clients. Organizational skills, resiliency and flexibility, promptness and the ability to anticipate needs are necessary in all tasks and responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- An extensive and diverse accounting background, including partnership accounting
- An understanding of professional services and client service
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to handle and respond to multiple client demands in a timely manner
- The ability to prioritize assignments and effectively manage their time
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- The ability to be a team player but be able to work independently
Responsible for providing multiple clients with day-to-day accounting and administrative services, including but not limited to:
- Coordination of all accounting functions for high-net worth individuals/family clients and their investment entities
- Managing the operational, financial, and reporting aspects of each engagement
- Coordinating clients’ accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger entries and maintenance
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of financial statements, account reconciliations, general ledger analysis, and annual audits, where applicable
- Overseeing payroll for clients’ employees as needed
- Developing, enforcing, and evaluating firm accounting policies and procedures in conjunction with clients’ needs. Recommend process improvements
- Responsible for managing any ad-hoc projects and reporting as needed
- Record investment activity including capital calls, distributions and items of profit and loss.
- Perform quarterly accounting closings; implement related checklists and formalized procedures;
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual performance reporting for investments including private equity funds, direct private equity, hedge funds, publicly traded securities, currencies, etc.
- Reconcile cash activity per books to cash activity per investment manager statements and resolve any discrepancies;
- Assist in gathering information necessary to complete tax returns, interim tax estimates and estimated payments.
- Liaise with outside tax accountants/preparers. Track tax basis of assets
- Provide periodic compliance reporting to banks and other counter parties; complete ad hoc projects for reports such as Personal Financial Statements, Individual/Family Balance Sheets, etc.
- Leverage and evaluate technology platforms to run consolidated reporting on client’s investment holdings and positions