Position Title: Job Coach
Supervisor: Vocational Coordinator
Range: $16.50 - $18.00 per hour
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt / Hourly
The Job Coach is responsible for providing skills training and on the job support to assist team members succeed in the workplace.
- Support GADOL team member/employee to build relationships with co-workers and natural supports at the workplace.
- Conduct a job analysis to understand job tasks and identify the necessary supports needed for the employee to be successful.
- Provide skills training and on the job supports to assist the employee with successfully completing his/her job tasks, while ultimately promoting independence.
- Regularly monitor employees performance to determine the level of support needed and guide when fading from the job site is appropriate.
- Regularly monitor job satisfaction from both the employee and employers perspective.
- Document supports provided and employees job performance per program requirements.
- Transport employee to and from work as determined necessary.
- Apply interventions and use techniques learned during Keshet training in emergency and/or crisis situations.
- Be respectful and follow Jewish culture and guidelines set forth in the personnel manual.
- Complete DSP required training- CPR, First Aid, Safety Care, Rule 50, Fire Safety, Bloodborne Pathogens and continuing professional development assigned by Program Manager.
- Adhere to Keshet policies and procedures outlined in the policy manual, Employee Handbook, and other employee policies.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Respect each individuals rights within the program and treat all individuals with dignity and respect at all times.
- Report any incidents of suspected rights violations, mistreatment, abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately according to KESHETs policies and procedures.
- Respect the values, opinions, preferences and choices of individuals.
- Advocate for team members rights and services.
- Follow safety guidelines including, but not limited to healthy lifting, transferring, and back care.
- Participate in emergency drills as required.
- Interact successfully with people in times of crisis or unpleasant environments.