Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We dont want this to just be your job, but the start of your career! We believe this is why we were voted as one of Charlottes Best Places to Work for 2022!
What you'll be doing:
The Assistant Property Manager will assist the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager in the management and supervision of property management services for Kingsley Park. The main areas of responsibility will be day to day oversight and support of all property management, property administration and tenant service requests including supervision of third party service vendors providing commercial property management services.
What you'll be responsible for:
Assist the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager in the day to day supervision and administration of the following service vendors, including but not limited to the following:
- Janitorial services: Daily and nightly routine services, carpet cleaning, and any specialty cleaning. This includes monthly building inspections before and after normal business hours.
- Elevator and escalator systems: Assist the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager in conducting routine evaluations of the performance of the systems, follow up on outstanding preventative maintenance tasks, follow up on annual elevator audits to ensure vertical transportation quality and that all installation and operation of elevators and escalators are compliant with state regulatory codes.
- Interior and exterior stone: Metal and wood maintenance.
- Waste management and recycling programs.
- Pest control: Ensure that services, practices and treatments are rendered in a sustainable and responsible manner.
- Interior and exterior landscaping: Conduct routine inspections and oversee installations of seasonal color.
- Serve as primary reviewer and approver of contractor access requests; possess thorough knowledge of contractor rules and regulations.
Service Contract and Claims Administration
- Closely monitor the scope and terms of all service contracts to ensure agreements are current and reflect actual practices.
- Launch contract related workflows.
- Assist, as directed, in the reporting, communication, and documentation of all insurance claims.
- Track Incident Reports/Nightly Shift Reports in the security related Perspective database and follow up on reported operational issues.
- Coordinate, as directed, with property management and engineering to collect information on incidents or claims and follow up as needed to resolve claims.
Building Inspections and Help Desk Support
- Conduct daily inspections of primary common areas including the building lobbies, exterior plazas and parking lots to ensure these areas are maintained to the highest levels of cleanliness, maintenance and temperature control.
- Submit work order requests for any deficiencies observed during routine and one-off inspections. Follow up on work orders as needed to verify completion of items.
- Assist TSC with email, office and phone coverage as needed.
Project Management and Administration
- Assist Senior Property Manager and Property Manager as directed in the following areas of project management, building construction projects, and tenant upfits. Core duties include the following:
- Check in daily with any construction activity to make sure work activity is progressing on schedule and without damage to common area finishes or interruption or inconvenience to other tenants.
- Maintain proper documentation of all construction activity, including construction drawings, tenant correspondence, contracts and related purchase orders, permits and certificates of occupancy.
- Follow through with complete documentation of a final set of accurate construction drawings and documents for project closeout.
Building Information and Database Management
- Manage paper files, including current and archived leasing files, project files, and building drawings to minimize file size and to ensure conformity to established filing processes.
- Assist the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager as directed in their role as SharePoint Site Administrator.
- Maintain tenant handbook and update electronic version as needed.
- Angus Work Order System- assist TSC with administration of work orders. Received and respond to tenant requests.
- Assist Property Manager in the preparation of building operating expense budget, capital budget, and long term capital plans.
- Serve as coder in the accounts payable/receivable processing to include the creation of purchase orders that accurately conform to the terms of existing service or project agreements or proposals, ensure proper coding of purchase orders, and monitor budget variances. Adhere to all deadlines and accounting principles.
- Assist in monthly budget variance analysis and forecasting duties. Assist with accounts payable process in accordance with divisional and corporate guidelines.
Tenant Relations & Lease Review
- Proactively inspect tenant and common areas to ensure highest quality of service delivery by PM team.
- Assist with the review, interpretation, and enforcement of tenant leases. Read all leases to understand specific obligations of the landlord and each tenant.
- Assist the Accounting Department as needed, by checking lease terms as reflected in rent roll and Accounts Receivable, and with the collection and review of Certificates of Insurance.
- Assist Accounting Department in keeping all stacking plans current and accurate.
- Establish and maintain relationship with primary tenant contacts and work to resolve complaints as needed.
- Participate in tenant relations activities, events, and meetings as needed.
- Coordinate with other building departments including Engineering, Administration and Accounting to insure information is shared and activities are properly coordinated.
What we need from you:
- A Bachelors Degree in real estate management, business, construction, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- One to five years of professional experience, preferably in a commercial real estate management environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The following credentials are desired for this position: RPA or CPM designation; LEED Accredited Professional (AP) or Green Associate (GA); North Carolina Real Estate Brokers license. If the candidate does not possess these credentials, they must be willing to pursue these as part of the training required for the position.
- Membership in BOMA or IREM is encouraged.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have strong teamwork skills and be able to motivate others, instill confidence in teammates and customers alike, and provide corrective direction effectively.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret contracts, leases, construction drawings, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to clients, tenants, employees, partners, and other divisions.
- Must have a high degree of proficiency in computer technology and applications typically used in real estate management such Microsoft Office Suite, accounting software, work order systems, and other technology tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will spend a large portion of his/her time at a desk or in meeting rooms, although the employee will also spend time traveling in and around commercial office property and associated grounds; including back-of-house equipment rooms, roofs, loading docks and parking garages.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; type; write; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary within the mechanical and other areas of the property.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.