Required Skills and Experience
- Prior experience with commercial lighting, HVAC, or other commercial energy efficiency technologies a bonus.
- Interest in learning commercial lighting design software.
- Moderate Excel proficiency, including comfort with basic formulas and lookups.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend technical material, including product specifications and designs, or equivalent technical proficiency.
- Experience with cross-collaboration between multiple internal teams and external stakeholders, including customer interaction.
- High attention to detail.
- Track record of proactive and self-directed learning.
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize, often with minimal supervision.
- Consistently positive attitude with ability to approach difficult or complex situations constructively, voice relevant concerns or ideas in a thoughtful manner, and proactively craft solutions.
- Willingness to shift between high volume data entry and document management, and complex problem solving depending on project volume and team needs.
- Great attitude and a sense of humor.
- Desire to work with a fun, fast-paced team and make an impact in a play-to-win atmosphere.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience processing energy efficiency incentives or working with energy efficiency programs, preferably with a focus on commercial incentives, or demonstrated commensurate experience.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
This position requires a valid insurable Driver’s License.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.