Who We Are
Netrality Data Centers is a growing private-equity backed owner-operator of strategic interconnection properties. With eighteen premier data centers located in six metropolitan markets, Netrality continues to acquire strategic network interconnection data centers and develop Meet Me Rooms and wholesale data center space within those properties to offer the highest quality and most robust direct network interconnections in the market.
Netrality offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to our employees, notably:
- Multiple offerings for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life, short- and long-term disability, and AD&D insurance
- Paid parental leave, fertility support, 401k matching
- Employee discount services through our partner’s savings platform
- $1:$1 company match for all eligible charitable gifts
Who We Need
Netrality has an exciting opportunity to join our Data Center Operations team. The successful candidate maintains and monitors the data center’s critical infrastructure systems, which supports both Netrality colocation customers and building tenants. In this role, the Data Center Technician investigates internal alerts and follows established escalation procedures to maintain compliance with high level service and security requirements.
Netrality is a close-knit team of A-players. This is a an opportunity for the right person to establish efficiencies and best practice enterprise-wide, with the potential for growth of the function over time.
Description of Responsibilities
- Monitor the Critical Facilities Monitoring System and provide reactive/notification/escalation services as required to address alarm events.
- Provide top-tier physical and remote customer support for local and international Colocation Customers in a 24/7/365 facility to include fiber/copper cross-connects and equipment troubleshooting.
- Monitor and assist Customer Support requests through use of a Web-based ticketing system where customers have access to services including access requests, Remote Hand troubleshooting, processing orders, delivery logistics, and general support.
- Execute sales orders and facility preparations to support new customer environments in accordance with ongoing sales activity.
- Perform hourly walkthroughs of the facility to visually verify and collect readings from all critical electrical/mechanical equipment and monitor overall facility conditions.
- Assist with physical security monitoring through use of cameras, access badges, door alarms and notifications.
- Perform “rack & stack” tasks for customer
equipment as required.
- Perform routine
operational tasks including equipment handling, repairs and troubleshooting, processing interconnection circuit orders, and general site support.
- Manage customer package deliveries through receiving, handling, storing, and shipping.
- Answer client calls, emails and other inquiries in a professional manner, and coordinate the appropriate resources to resolve client issues.
- Assist in client deployment strategies and facility expansion planning.
- Sign visitors in and out of the facility and escort authorized personnel as required.
- Monitor and assist during planned outages or maintenance windows.
- Maintain detailed logs of all events, anomalies, inventory, and work tickets.
- Maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors, tenants, and colleagues.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
Position Requirements and Desired Skills
- High School Diploma required
- 2 years of previous Data Center experience or other closely related technical fields required
- Industry related certifications, or associate degree+ in a technical area of study strongly preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of Data Center cooling and power infrastructure a plus
- 2 years of customer service experience required
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, multitasking and organization skills
- Operate with a ‘safety first’ mindset at all times
- Follow all current emergency procedures set forth by Netrality and the assigned property
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Experience working independently as well as collaboratively; effectively managing priorities while meeting hard deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally with ease
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially with supervisor and local site team
- Self-motivated, initiative taker
- Highest ethical and professional conduct and integrity
- Adhere to all guidelines and expectations set forth in company’s corporate handbook
Netrality Management Co., LLC and its affiliate companies are equal opportunity employers, abiding by all federal, state, and local laws and employment regulations. Netrality Management Co., LLC does not discriminate on the basis of any protected classes and encourages being a provider of an inclusive and diverse workplace.