We are seeking a Sales Manager to advance and expand current sales specifically within our agricultural product line. The employee will work closely with customer service, marketing, and our production staff to ensure our products meet the standards and needs of our customers. The ideal candidate for this position is an energetic motivated self-starter who is able to multi-task effectively, offer quick and accurate advice and provide creative input to help advance our products. The Sales Manager. will also identify opportunities to recapture dormant accounts, grow existing business, and achieve planned sales volume. Educates customers to point of sale and ensure a smooth sales process. Represents the company when required at trade shows, both locally and nationally.
As a Representative of SRP, the Sales Manager - is required to observe Ethical Behavior while conducting business, adhering to applicable Company Policies and Procedures including applying confidentiality and anonymity in professional relationships with regard to privileged information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively works to develop sales leads in assigned markets and territories.
- Generate qualified leads through cold calling or outside sales, which involves visiting clients in the field with new or existing clients.
- Identifies and differentiates incoming leads as direct sale opportunities or SRP distribution opportunities to be handled based upon, but not limited, to brand and geographic location.
- Remains up to date on day-to-day operations within the company such as production schedules, inventory management, new products and product changes, to ensure effective and accurate communication with customers.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned accounts.
- Services existing assigned accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors
- Updates client/lead tracking system within company for future follow-up and sales forecasts
- Sales in current account base are maintained and accounts are offered additional products and services.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet sales performance objectives and customer expectations
- Understands the purpose and application of SRP products and be able to identify the needs of the customer.
- Analyzes Bids
- Utilizes sales tracking tools within ERP
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Prepares and submits monthly updates and progress reports as required.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned period.
- Reports to management any market information that affects the company
- Perform other duties as necessitated by business challenges
- Other duties as assigned or needed.