The Purification Chemist I position is an entry level chemist position. The person in this position will be trained and responsible for following the peptide manufacturing process in a controlled cGMP environment, as well as performing related activities.
- Work in a cGMP environment to perform the peptide purification processes through chromatography as well as other various purification techniques.
- Use analytical skills to prevent and solve possible process complications and problems.
- Work as part of a team to complete specific projects in a timely manner.
- Follow approved cGMP manufacturing directions such as production batch records, standard operation procedures and standard test procedures.
- Help the team to install, test, operate and maintain equipment for manufacturing and in-process testing.
- Help the team to investigate any process deviation. Write deviation reports and initiate document change requests.
- Monitor compliance of maintenance and cleaning procedures of equipment and instruments used in GMP processes by periodically reviewing and signing off on maintenance and cleaning logs for each equipment.
- Help QC and QA departments to maintain the equipment calibration program.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends.