Under direct supervision of the Spa and Fitness Director provides group exercise instruction (includes detailed programming of class(es)), monitors and educates Members on Fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for Members and co-workers.
- Teaches scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate warm-up, exercises, stretching and cool down.
- Instructors Members on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups and coaches’ appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music and theme for each class.
- Assists Members during class, answers questions, relays any Member feedback or concerns to Spa and Fitness Director and maintains a positive exercise experience for Members and their guests.
- Develops a synergetic relationship with class participants and takes note of specific Member injuries, aliments and maintains a professional and gracious attitude when receiving Member feedback.
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
- Finds adequate coverage for their classes should they need a sub.
- Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company as requested by the supervisor.