Are you looking for a way to use your gift to help others? Do you have a heart to come alongside others who are trying to improve their lives? Do you want to work for a company that has made it on the Best Christian Workplaces 2 years in a row? If so, we want to talk with you!
The Cook II is responsible for help plan, prepare and serve nutritious meals, keep the kitchen, pantries, refrigerators, freezers, dining and serving areas clean, maintained and organized, and work as part of a team to supervise program clients and volunteers assigned to the kitchen. The Cook II will also oversee food ordering, acquisition from the Missions distribution center help oversee the process and procedures for food rotation, cleaning schedule, and volunteer tasks. The Cook II will report directly to the Kitchen Ministry Coordinator.
Monday - Friday 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Prepare and oversee food preparation for daily assigned menu
- Be willing to work weekends, holidays, and AM or PM shifts as needed.
- Assist with supervising program guests and volunteers assigned to the kitchen and dining area.
- Help to assign program clients and volunteers to clean, organize, and store purchased and donated foods
- Make the best use of foodstuffs by date, labeling, and the first-in/first-out method.
- Kitchen/dining area maintenance, which includes cleaning the kitchen, pantries, refrigerators, freezers, serving line and dining areas
- Ensure proper quality and quantity of food served
- Attain a Serve Safe certificate within one year of hire.
- Work with the Kitchen Ministry Coordinator or Director of Food Services to produce, and execute process and procedures for food rotation, cleaning, and volunteer tasks.
- Take food inventory, place GIK orders, shop externally if needed/directed.
- Assign program clients and volunteers to clean, organize, and store purchased and donated foods
- Maintain and oversee cleanliness of Serve Seattle kitchen, serving and dining areas (if assigned to Serve Seattle)
- Work and gain experience in all of the Missions kitchens and help provide fill in as needed
- Ability to maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
- Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
- Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
- Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
- Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
- Complete donated food log for all food donations received at kitchen location.
- Work at other program locations at the request of the Director of Food Services
- Ensure that all kitchen volunteers log in and out when working in the kitchen.
- Complete meal count log for shift worked at kitchen location
- Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.