The Communication and Development Coordinator will be a collaborative coordinator, report to the Senior Director of Communication and Development, and work closely with the Director of Donor Relations and Events, the Director of Foundation and Government Relations, and the Communication Manager. The candidate must be an innovative and strategic thinker, who will support the design and implementation of DWC's communication and development strategies. This is a tremendous opportunity for an emerging leader to strengthen and build the evolving, internal capacity of a highly innovative, dynamic, and high-impact organization, as well as advance their professional capabilities.
The Communication and Development coordinator will contribute to a range of communication, fundraising and administrative tasks to support and grow the Center. These include but are not limited to:
- Oversee daily communication and development processes in tandem with department leadership.
- Assist with ongoing tracking of major gifts and grants, research for donor and partner profiles, donor correspondence, coordination of partner and media requests, and the design and implementation of various fundraising appeals and communication activities.
- Coordinate with HR to produce a biweekly internal newsletter for DWC staff.
- Help prepare written and analytical reports on fundraising and communication for the Board of Directors and Equity Dashboard.
- Develop presentations, including talking points, PowerPoints, and other materials for the Senior Director and Executive Team that advance public awareness and support of DWC.
- Assist Seniors Director with scheduling and logistics as needed.
- Other development, communication, and administrative duties, as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project Management
- Attention to Detail
- Writing and editing
- Relationship building
- Data management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally assisting with lifting and sorting in-kind donations is expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, and is eligible for DWCs comprehensive benefits package that includes training, paid time off, medical, vision, dental, parking and transportation benefits. Schedule is M-F from 9:00am to 5:30pm, with flexibility to work evenings and weekends if needed.