We believe that successful companies are more about people than products and that a company’s human assets are its most important resource. That is why many employees have invested their careers in Webco. Perhaps the biggest benefit for those who join our team are the frequent opportunities to learn new skills and improve on current expertise through focused education and training. Upward mobility and promotion from within has always been an important tenant of Webco's success. By continuously investing in its employees over many years, Webco has built a culture of excellence that delivers value to everyone who the company touches.
Webco's benefit package includes: health; dental; vision; cancer; short-term disability; long-term disability; employee, spouse, and child life insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) plan; educational reimbursement; paid holidays and vacation; training and development opportunities and profit sharing.
The Mechanical Engineer designs, develops, and tests all aspects of the mechanical components for production equipment in order to improve production output and performance objectives in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Plans and designs equipment to improve manufacturing processes in plant.
- Maximize equipment efficiencies by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, and work force utilization.
- Assist production in improving systems of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, and quality.
- Recommends and implements improvements to equipment.
- Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with production specifications and quality standards.
- Assists in coordination of the new equipment purchase, installation, and training.
- Includes regular (daily) assignments, individual project assignments and participation on project teams created to study, prepare recommendations, and implement solutions to various equipment related issues and problems.
- Performs research, and analysis of manufacturing equipment processes and operations procedures, including production flow, equipment, and manpower utilization in order to make recommendations that will result in and promote more efficient and effective production operations.
- Will gather information from a variety of sources, study problems, break them down into component parts and recommend solutions to coordinate elements by applying advanced analytical techniques and methods from a variety of disciplines including mathematics, science and engineering.
- Provides engineering technical support to production operation.
- Conducts investigations and analysis directed toward equipment utilization and operations necessary to meet customer specifications.
- Assists in developing systems and controls to ensure a safe work environment and compliance with quality standards. Ensures that equipment, processes and procedures are directed toward achieving these standards.