Help discover, secure, and track funding opportunities that will ensure DWC’s sustainability and future success! DWC is looking for a Grants and Contracts Coordinator who would be responsible for identifying, vetting, and writing proposals for funding as well as working with our development team to coordinate the grants process across the agency. You would be involved with research, writing, tracking, compliance, reporting, and relationship building with current and potential supporters in order to advance DWC’s Fund Development Plan.
- Continuously develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of city, county, state, and federal government funding opportunities and determine which opportunities strategically align with DWC’s organizational priorities and capacity.
- In conjunction with our contracted grant writing consultants, work to identify funder prospects, research opportunities, and prepare proposals.
- Provide day-to-day coordination of all grants and contracts by maintaining and updating proposal and award information in systems and databases, creating and maintaining files, and coordinating/tracking proposal submission, award set-up, compliance, tracking, and reporting. Ensure that all deadlines are met and work is prioritized effectively.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with funding agencies, program officers, collaborating organizations, and internal departments. Effectively coordinate between all constituents from prospecting through closeout.
- Work with Communication and Development team to engage new and existing foundation and institutional partners and enhance relationships through grants, event sponsorships, volunteer opportunities, and in-kind donations.
- Possess a strong understanding of the measures and metrics used to evaluate DWC programs and identify measurable goals and objectives for use in proposals.
- Work with Program Staff to identify programmatic funding needs and ensure competitiveness and efficiency in grant applications.
- Work with Finance, Operations, and Program staff to monitor expenditures to ensure compliance with all public and private grant requirements.
- Prepare evaluation reports consistent with funder requirements.
- Assist with additional activities in support of our annual Fund Development Plan, including annual and planned giving, capital campaigns, fundraising events, tours and presentations, and reporting.
- Additional duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detail Oriented & Highly Organized
- Coordination & Facilitation
- Relationship Building
- Grant Writing & Editing
- Systems & Data Management
- Multitasking & Problem Solving
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday from 9am-5:30pm.
No travel is expected for this position.