1. Follow oral and written instructions.
2. Maintain material data safety sheets.
3. Organize and maintain all records necessary to operate the housekeeping department.
4. Develop and implement cleaning schedules for the housekeeping department.
5. Interview and hire appropriate individuals to implement cleaning schedules.
6. Orient new employees to housekeeping duties.
7. Supervise cleaning procedures in accordance with facility policy.
8. Supervise waste disposal procedures in accordance with facility policy.
9. Supervise proper care and use of housekeeping equipment.
10. Identify, report to administration and schedule repair of areas in poor repair.
11. Dispense housekeeping equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
12. Attend in-service training programs for housekeeping employees.
13. Follow facility safety program.
14. Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
15. Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
16. Assume accountability for data contained in the employees handbook.
17. Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
18. Observe infection control procedures.
19. Follow Residents Rights policies at all times.
20. Be responsible for the safety of residents related to housekeeping duties.
21. Observe all facility policies and procedures.
22. Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
23. Assume Quality Assurance duties as assigned.
24. Come to work in neat, clean attire and consistently present an appropriate professional appearance.
25. Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
26. Consistently work cooperatively with residents, residents representatives, facility staff, physicians, consultants and ancillary service providers.