At BBD, we are unique in the resources that we’ve devoted to serving not-for-profit organizations and government entities. Particularly now as more and more local firms merge into large national firms, we know that few CPA firms have committed to the accounting, audit and tax needs of the not-for-profit community like BBD.
Our firm services approximately 400 not-for-profit organizations of varied size and focus and over 60 Government Entities. Our extensive resources include a dedicated team of partners and other professionals who work only on the audit and tax issues affecting not-for-profit organizations. Each member of our Group works with not-for-profit organizations every day of the year, not just in an “off-season” when they are free from other specialties. As not-for-profit specialists, we have the in-depth industry experience to handle the most complex accounting issues our clients face.
BBD also has a uniquely warm and friendly culture with a focus on work-life balance, and the firm has been recognized for the past six consecutive years by the Philadelphia Business Journal as a Best Place To Work.
As a Senior/Supervisor in our Government at BBD, LLP, you will work closely with partners and managers to provide superior client service on a variety of Government Entities. Additionally, you will assist in the training and supervision of intermediate and staff-level accountants.
Specific Responsibilities and Performance Expectations
- Day-to-day management of small audit engagements, including performance of the audit, financial reporting and the daily field conduct of the audit
- Assistance with management and performance of large audit engagements
- Communication with client management teams
- Research of accounting and audit issues based on client or engagement need
- Gaining audit efficiencies through the use of technology, particularly paperless audit, trial balance and data extraction software
- Assistance with day-to-day supervision, training and evaluation of staff assigned to engagements
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA, strongly preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in public accounting firm environment, previous experience with audits of not-for-profit &/or government clients preferred
- Thorough knowledge of professional standards
- Proficient and effective research skills
- Self-starter with desire and ability to increase responsibility and grow professionally
- Team player with ability to work well with others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Superior dedication, integrity and professional bearing
- Dependability and strong work ethic
- Ability to travel to client sites
Compensation and Benefits
Our salary structure is competitive with the Big Four. Our benefits include the following:
- Company-paid health insurance, life insurance and disability insurance
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid CPE, professional association dues, and professional licenses
- 401(k) plan with outstanding profit sharing
- Dress for Your Day policy