BBD is a unique, dynamic and growing CPA firm based in Philadelphia. We specialize exclusively in serving the audit and tax needs of the investment management industry nationally as well as not-for-profit organizations and government entities across the Mid-Atlantic region. BBD is a rewarding place to make a career and has been named a Best Place to Work by the Philadelphia Business Journal for the past six consecutive years 2017-2022. Our culture and work environment are very positive and stand in marked contrast to the “churn and burn” atmosphere common at many public accounting firms. We take care of our people, and, in turn, our people take care of our clients.
Our values drive everything we do at BBD and differentiate us in the commoditized world of audit and tax services. BBD’s professionals are passionate about the investment management industry and the audit and tax issues important to investment companies; authentic in our relationships and communication; and collaborative in navigating our clients’ challenges. Our commitment to living these BBD core values enables us to deliver an exceptional client experience. We’re setting the PACE in the industry for client experience quality.
As an audit intern at BBD, LLP, you will learn to perform the fundamental procedures for accounting and auditing engagements. As a tax intern at BBD, LLP, you will learn tax return preparation and research, through on-the-job and formal classroom training. You will benefit from hands-on experience working in a broad range of assignments for our diverse client base detailed above. Due to our firm’s size and structure, you also will benefit and learn from extensive interaction with supervisors, managers and partners of the firm, as well as firm clients.
Your preference for tax or audit will be discussed in your interview.
Training & Resources
- Audit training will include developing a basic knowledge of our audit programs, technical practice aids, workpaper techniques, research tools, and the related audit software applications. You will also receive training in financial statement presentation and disclosure requirements.
- Tax training will include the preparation of individual, corporate and other pertinent tax returns as well as in the use of ProSystem fx, specialized tax software that our firm uses for the preparation of tax returns.
- BBD, LLP uses on-line and other resources for research, including RIA Checkpoint, CCH Online, BNA and PPC. Our staff will train you on the use of these resources.
- Assist staff on audit engagements of clients in one of the industries listed above
- Using specialized tax software, prepare tax returns for the following:
- Exempt Organizations
Experience and Skills
- Accounting major with overall and accounting grade point average of at least 3.00
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Superior dedication, integrity and professional bearing
- Dependability and strong work ethic