The Maslow Media Group is in search of a Broadcast Engineer for our client, a premier global telecommunications partner in Dallas, Texas.
The Broadcast Engineer works with specialized equipment to regulate the strength and clarity of images and sounds we see on television.
This is a Freelance role on an as-needed basis.
- Performs set-up, calibrates, operates, monitors, and maintains television broadcast equipment to produce, switch, receive, record, edit, and reproduce the DTV color television signal, in compliance with FCC rules and regulations.
- Maintains accurate logs and records, and prepares discrepancy, test, and security reports, as stipulated by FCC regulations.
- Conducts functional and operational tests of uplink and air control television broadcasting equipment; evaluates quality and performance of video and audio reception, production, and transmission.
- Provides operational support for studio and remote site television productions, post-production and duplication services, state microwave networking transmissions, cable services, and institutional distribution of program materials.
- Maintains and enforces building security during after-hours station operation; submits facility usage reports.
- Broadcasts emergency public service announcements, to include information regarding dangerous weather or other community-related emergencies, as necessary.
- Provides functional supervision and training, as appropriate, for student employee broadcast engineers.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.