- Masters degree in Social Work or a behavioral science field
- A minimum of 2 years of advocacy, case management and/or counseling program administration experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the supervision of staff
- Knowledgeable about domestic violence
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Budgeting and contract management experience required
- Adaptability and flexibility while working in a dynamic work environment.
- Capacity to learn to use and to supervise others to use ETO electronic data management system to document service work
- Strong in the areas of oral and written communication, positive interpersonal relationship skills, and demonstrated leadership
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, databases, internet research, comfort in computer network environment.
- Completion of the 40 Hour Domestic Violence Advocate training preferred (required post-hire if not previously completed).
- Self-motivated, flexible, a good listener, proactive, and team player
- Detail oriented and strong time management skills
- Excellent customer service
- Experience with developing and enhancing community collaborations
- Experience in program evaluation and in conducting needs assessments
- Experience developing and giving presentations as a trainer
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills to assist in the development of strategic partnerships and collaborative projects.
- Must demonstrate an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity in all its forms, including ethnicity, sexual orientation, abilities, and religious backgrounds & demonstrated ability to serve individual from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to abide by Human Options value: diversity, respect, curiosity, ingenuity, individuality.
- Capacity to balance and provide self-care while meeting the demands of a crisis-focused position.
- Ability to:
- To work two late nights per week
- Manage individual program to meet the overall agency big picture
- Be an efficient problem-solver
- Multitask under pressure
- Provide clear and direct communication throughout the organizational structure
- Be open and flexible to ever changing responsibilities
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Provide reinforcing and developmental feedback
- Develop systems and protocols
- Adapt and create systems as client needs change
- Train and teach others
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.