Experience, Skills & Qualifications
• Excellent guest interaction/entertainment/interpretation skills
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions well
• Excellent at working independently and within a team
• Professional demeanor, reliable, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and dedicated to the mission of zoos & aquariums
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong listening, presentation and decision-making skills.
The individual must possess the following abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some or a combination of the abilities.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
• Requires the ability to perform the physical, visual, and hearing requirements in the working conditions below.
• Upon employment, all team members are required to comply with the standards, rules and regulations, which may be established by the Company and updated from time-to-time. Team members who violate property rules or have irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• The leisure business functions seven days a week. Due to the seasonal nature of the industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, weekends, holidays and overtime to reflect the business needs of the property. Team members may also be required to attend group and/or department meetings in addition to the work shift, as necessary.
• This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform.