Please Note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for employment at 1st Security Bank of Washington. Accommodations for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical conditions contraindicating the vaccination may be requested. Requests for required forms should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic individual to fill our Home Lending Underwriter position at our Aberdeen or Mountlake Administration Buildings! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 6 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and is also consistently rated a 5 star Bank in Washington State by Bauer Financial, an independent bank rating firm.
Responsible for the underwriting of conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, correspondent, and portfolio mortgages. Responsible for managing loan approvals up to the delegating underwriting authority and managing credit quality in line with bank guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Underwrite loan files in accordance with accredited lending policies including quantitative and qualitative loan criteria; income, credit and property worthiness, employment history, and borrowers outstanding debt to income calculations.
Manage daily work flow expectations in line with production fluctuations and credit quality initiatives provided by the Underwriting Manager.
Provides ongoing feedback to production staff including questions and answers associated with mortgage file reviews.
Assist in the distribution of new and updated information regarding loan file credit quality.
Support peer underwriters with a second review as required by Policy.
Maintain operational relationships with agencies (FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, State Bonds) and other correspondent investors.
Review, assist, and comply with audit findings, compliance reviews, quality control findings, and other internal and external reviews related to underwriting quality.
Participate in post closing reviews prior to investor purchases in order to identify changes in quality oversight required during the origination process.
Underwrite loans in loan with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, and other correspondent investor guidelines.
Other duties as assigned.
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
- Life insurance.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance.
- 401K matching program.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.