The Saban Community Clinic was founded on the principle that healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Our clinics provide Whole Person Care to everyone regardless of income or immigration status. This includes medical, behavioral health and dental care.
For over 50 years, we have been redefining community health through a systemic approach that creates a lasting impact on individual lives and creates healthier communities.
Performs standard patient-related tasks according to Clinical policies and procedures and at the direction of clinicians, ensuring a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients.
This position will work M-F 8a-4:30p at 5205 Melrose Ave, LA, CA 90038
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting up exam rooms prior to clinic sessions; ensuring all necessary supplies are stocked and available.
- Assisting doctors with examinations and other procedure s relating to direct patient care.
- Performing and recording information on patients’ vital signs, vision screening, audiometric screenings, spirometric tests, EKGs, and venipuncture.
- Providing information to patients relating to referrals, follow up appointments and test results.
- Conducting birth control and pregnancy counseling sessions for patients upon certified birth control training.
- Ability to utilize computer and computer programs for data entry (i2i, EHR, CAIR, etc).
- Monitors inventory of medical supplies.
- Obtains, collects and labels blood, urine and other specimens in accordance with regulations and patient policy; packages and sends specimens in the appropriate manner for transport to outside laboratories or storage.
- Performs and reads routine lab tests such as urinalysis, urine pregnancy, hemoglobin and strep tests; ensures proper preparation of laboratory specimens to be read by clinicians.
- Cleans/sterilizes all used equipment, disposes of all specimens and waste according to health and safety guidelines.
- Ensures all documentation regarding tests, specimens and supplies is completed and maintained in accordance with clinic procedures and requirements.
- Minimum of a Certification for Medical Assistant from a California accredited school.
- Skills in performing venipuncture, audiometry and spirometry
- Ability/skill in conducting EKG tests
- High School Diploma or GED required (will be verified)
- Fluency in spoken Spanish with the ability to translate preferred
- Prior clinical experience in a health care setting in a similar community clinic environment preferred.
Perks and Benefits:
- Chiropractor/Acupuncture Care
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching
- Generous paid time off
Come be a part of our team and make a difference in our patients' lives!