Whether you like golf, being outdoors, or just being around great people, Blue Heron is the right fit for you!
We are looking for a passionate Assistant Superintendent to help maintain the golf course's majestic tree lines and natural beauty. In this position, you'll be spending your day on the 18-hole course ensuring that the landscape is healthy and captures the natural charm of the pinelands. If you want to use your expertise to help drive memorable experiences for golfers of all ages, apply below!
- Assist Superintendent in providing agronomic direction for the healthy growth of the golf course grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. Strong irrigation repair knowledge recommended.
- Perform the application and recording of chemical applications on the Club’s grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervise the safe use and maintenance of the golf course mechanical equipment by golf course crew.
- Supervise and control all expenses associated with Golf Course Operations.
- Mechanical knowledge is a plus.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Experience with Bent/Poa greens, Rye grass tees and fairways, and older Toro irrigation systems. Highly motivated, “hands on” professional in the Mid-Atlantic climate. Possess or be able to obtain a PA or NJ Pesticide Applicator’s License.
- Minimum 2 year College Agronomy Degree.
- Minimum of at least 1+ years as an assistant golf course superintendent.
- 3-5 years in Golf Course Maintenance industry.
Pay is dependent on experience.