National Center On Institutions and Alternatives
Community Living Coordinator
Job Title: Community Living Coordinator
Department: Community Living Services (CLS)
Reports To: Associate Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Purpose of the Job: Under the general supervision of the Director of Community Living, with direct supervision from the Associate Director of Operations, has the primary responsibility for managing the day-to-day operation of assigned community living programs and ensuring that individuals are able to access quality services in an efficient and cost effective manner. Provides leadership and direct supervision for multiple sites within Community Living Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of the homes in a manner that complies with regulations and Agency standards.
- Supervises Community Living Specialists and Associates.
- Establishes the staffing schedules of each assigned site and modifies in collaboration with the appropriate personnel.
- Provides on-site supervision in assigned homes at least 50% of weekly work hours that includes at least two times per week in each home and on different shifts.
- Maintains costs within budget for the homes by reviewing expenditures and effectively managing the use of resources.
- Ensures enough food supplies are in the homes and proper storage is maintained according to established guidelines.
- Reviews and approves staff time records using Agency electronic timekeeping system.
- Delegates household shopping duties and monitors to ensure necessary supplies are available in the home.
- Observes Community Living Specialists and Associates performance on different shifts and provides constructive feedback, training and coaching.
- Submits all written communications for review prior to presentation to direct support staff.
- Assists with establishing systems and procedures for consistent operations in collaboration with other intra-departmental and interdepartmental personnel.
- Obtains and maintains updated emergency contact information and regulatory information in the homes.
- Delegates routine tasks and follows up to ensure completion.
- Monitors the medication supplies, administration of medications, reordering process, and the implementation of new/changed orders, documentation of administration, and documentation and reporting of problems and errors promptly.
- Prepares plans of correction for problems noted on 45-day nursing assessments and implements and follows up on the plan.
- Provides support to develop, implement and follow-up on plans of correction to address problems noted during visits from Agency personnel, funding and regulatory agencies, and as a result of quality assurance reports.
- Ensures fire drills and water temperature checks are conducted according to regulatory and Agency requirements. Reviews and takes any corrective action needed and submits monthly reports.
- Participates in the admission/transfer/discharge process of potential and current residents.
- Reviews the Person-Centered Plan in the LTSS and validates the accuracy of the services being provided to persons served in Community Living.
- Reviews training records and confirms staff working in homes are current in all training requirements at time-of-service delivery.
- Reports vehicle problems, arranges the drop off and pick up of vehicles for maintenance and repairs, and monitors cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of quality leisure activities.
- Establishes accountability practices for petty cash and individual funds to ensure proper use, submits receipts timely on the designated forms and reports problems or irregularities.
- Conducts frequent environmental checks of the community living homes to ensure cleanliness, organization and safety of the homes and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Follows established procedures for submitting maintenance requests and for notifying emergency maintenance after hours.
- Monitors implementation of individual programs, including behavioral programs,
- program documentation, directing feedback to the team and ensuring that the necessary materials, etc. are present to carry out the specific programs.
- Ensures that incident reports are completed timely and accurately. Adheres to the appropriate notification of incidents as determined by Agency and Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) policies and procedures.
- Reviews incident reports for assigned residents.
- Communicates with families and other external and internal personnel.
- Communicates with the delegating nurse and the Medical Coordinator to coordinate medical services and ensure completion of medical services.
- Establishes a personal work schedule that is flexible to meet the needs of the operations of the homes which includes regular weekend and evening hours.
- Assumes on call responsibilities established by the Director of Community Living Services and the Associate Director of Operations.
- Responds timely to internal and external customers to ensure service excellence.
- Ensures that staff are properly oriented and trained on the job.
- Uses technology to perform job functions.
- Attends and conducts house staff meetings at least monthly and sends meeting minutes to the Director of Community Living Services.
- Attends weekly administrative meetings at least bi-weekly.
- Works cooperatively with others including all staff, supervisors, administrators, co-workers, individuals served, community professionals, customers, vendors and the public.
- Attends work regularly according to assigned work schedule and in accordance with Agency policy.
- Assumes other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- This position requires supervision of non-exempt employees.