The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
Finance is seeking a Health insurance Biller to work in our patient billing unit in our Long Island City office. The candidate will perform a variety of patient billing functions for all Local Health Department Article 28/36 Clinics located throughout the boroughs of New York City. The primary functions of the health insurance Biller are to perform all necessary billing, collection, and accounting functions to promote the financial health of the revenue cycle stream, while protecting the rights and privacy of all New Yorkers.
Location: 42 09 28th Street, LIC, NY 11101
The Health Insurance Biller performs many accountings, customer service and organizational tasks to promote the financial health of the revenue stream. Applicants must be detailed oriented, must have a working knowledge of revenue cycle process. knowledge Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in medical coding and reimbursements.
- Receive and review patient demographics from all clinical EMR, verify and make all necessary edits in the billing software.
- Perform and verify patient’s insurance eligibility for all service areas of DOHMH Article 28/36 clinics.
- Communicate updated patient information with clinic teams to ensure transparency.
- Review all claims CPT/ICD-10/HCPCS, payment modifiers in billing software to ensure accuracy following CMS and other third-party insurance regulations.
- Monitor EDI denials in a timely manner.
- Prepare and batch claims out to third party payers for reimbursements.
- Review clearinghouse acceptance and rejection reports.
- Edit and make correction to rejected claims and re-batch to third party payers.
- Monitor and manage assigned aging accounts receivable reports (A/R)
- Keep current with industry billing trend and report changes to supervisor.