Now hiring for morning shifts (8 am - 12 pm), Monday through Saturday!
Enjoy watching kids, playing games, and keeping things fun? We are currently taking applications for a Youth Development Attendant. The Attendant supervises children in the YMCA Youth Development Center. This position is responsible for providing safe and enjoyable childcare for members and their children in accordance with the YMCA Mission and policies. He/She/They must be responsible for the safety and well-being of each child under their supervision. They must maintain visual and auditory supervision at all times while creating a fun and playful atmosphere for participants. While on duty they plan and supervise the activities of children and perform general housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean and safe area.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Greet members and children enthusiastically; learn the names of children and parents.
- Perform check-in and check-out duties and procedures.
- Continuously exhibit honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, reliability, flexibility, maturity, and good decision-making skills.
- Display a professional, courteous, and tactful demeanor at all times. Always strive to display a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Consistently and constantly engage with children during each shift.
- Familiarize yourself with program offerings within the Y and refer members to appropriate supervisors in other departments.
- Communicate to supervisors and/or Manager on Duty about any issues that arise.
- Keep facility safe and clean during and after programming is completed.
- Assist as needed in emergency situations and as outlined in emergency procedures.
- Be a team player; maintain a positive and supportive attitude to all center staff, members, volunteers, and program participants.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be working toward a high school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in childcare setting is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively and positively with children, parents and staff.
- Effectively supervise children ages 6 weeks to 12 years
- Ability to constantly and quickly move to various locations in and around the entire facility
- Physically perform all CPR and First Aid skills and/or assist as needed in emergency situations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Bend or stoop to reach various height levels
- Free individual membership to all YMCA of WNC locations
- Discounted membership for household members
- Discounted program fees (swim lessons, youth sports, summer camp and more)
- Start a 403(b) smart savings account on day one of employment (optional) and begin eligibility for YMCA retirement plan
- Professional development opportunities through local and Y-USA trainings
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.